The 500AMDA-AESU is a five output reclocking and auto equalizing AES Audio DAC & Distribution Amplifier for unbalanced 75Ω AES signals. It is also a high quality 24-bit audio DAC. The 500AMDA-AESU automatically equalizes up to 1000m of Belden 1694A coax and provides reclocked outputs. The 500AMDA-AESU also converts AES/EBU digital signal to 2 balanced analog audio outputs. The input sample rates supported are 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz. Analog audio output levels may be set individually from the front panel.
Level control is provided via a card edge toggle. The full scale digital signal can be calibrated to produce analog peak levels ranging from 12dBu to 24.8dBu with 0.1dB resolution. The 500AMDA-AESU card edge LED indicators provide quick and accurate assessment of the incoming signal integrity. Balanced analog audio is provided via a terminal strip adapter.
The 500AMDA-AESU is housed in the 3RU 500FR Exponent frame that will hold up to 16 modules.
- 24-bit, high-quality D/A conversion
- 32, 44.1 and 48kHz sampling rates supported
- 0dBFS programmable from 12dBu to 24.8dBu
- Support for 2 channels of balanced analog audio (1 AES/EBU)
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring via SNMP (using VistaLINK® PRO) when installed in 500FR frame with 500FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller
- AES3-2003 standard for AES audio on 75Ω coax
- EQ and reclock provide extended cable length compensation (> 1000m)
- Five 75Ω coax outputs
- 2 balanced analog audio outputs
- Card Edge LED's
- Module Health Status
- AES signal present
- Detected AES sample rate
- PCM versus non-PCM data
- Audio level bargraph with ballistics