The Evertz 3405FRS is a miniature optical conversion platform. The 3505FRS can accommodate up to four of any Evertz 3405 series SFP, allowing the use of optical transmit, receive, regenerator or electrical distribution amplifier or changeover SFP's. With the ability to perform two optical/electrical conversions per SFP module, the 3405FRS can provide conversion for up to eight signals in total. Benefits of fiber optics for video transport include longer attainable distances, smaller/lighter cabling, reduced cable tray loads and electrical isolation. The 3405FRS provides an extremely compact, low-overhead means for simple electrical/optical conversion for interfacility transport, as well as overcoming the limitations imposed by coaxial cable in intra-facility applications.
Although it is a compact enclosure, the 3405FRS provides carrier-grade features such as redundant power supply inputs and full remote monitoring and control over SNMP/VistaLINK®.
3405 series SFP's are able to handle ASI, SDI, HD-SDI and 3G digital video signals, as well as other signal rates up to 3 Gig on non-reclocked versions (e.g. MADI). The SFP modules are hot-swappable, allowing for quick servicing or easy reconfiguration or expansion at any time.
See Evertz list of available optical and coaxial 3405 Series SPF modules.
- Versatile, miniature "throwdown" type enclosure can be used for low-signal count permanent or ad-hoc applications.
- Convenient flange mounting.
- Any 3405SFP types may be installed, including optical transmit, receive, regenerator and electrical distribution amplifier and changeover switches.
- Dual, redundant power supplies may be accommodated (one power supply ships as standard, redundant unit is optional).
- Integrated controller for remote monitoring and control over SNMP/VistaLINK®.