The Evertz 3405FR-XLINK is a high-capacity bulk optical conversion platform. With the ability to accommodate 16 Evertz 3405 series SFP's, up to 32 optical to electrical or electrical to optical conversions may be performed in a single frame. Occupying only 1RU of rack space, the 3405FR-XLINK is ideal for space-limited applications. The 3405FR-XLINK has the capacity to extend one 32-channel X-LINK cable over fiber. The SFP cages may be populated as needed with Evertz 3405 series dual optical transmit or receive SFP's. Benefits of fiber optics for video transport include longer attainable distances, smaller/lighter cabling, reduced cable tray loads and electrical isolation. The 3405FR-XLINK provides a low-overhead means for simple electrical/optical conversion for interfacility transport, as well as overcoming the limitations imposed by coaxial cable in intra-facility applications.
3405 series SFP's are able to handle ASI, SDI, HD-SDI and 3G digital video signals. The SFP modules are hot-swappable, allowing for quick servicing or easy reconfiguration or expansion at any time. 16 CWDM wavelengths are also available, which when combined with Evertz CWDM products allow up to 16 signals to be multiplexed on to a single fiber, greatly conserving fiber usage.
The 3405FR-XLINK supports full remote monitoring and control over SNMP/VistaLINK® when optional frame controllers are installed. The platform supports a single frame controller, or dual modules may be installed for redundancy.
Numerous parameters such as optical power and electrical signal presence and rate can be accessed remotely to monitor system integrity. The 3405FR-XLINK was designed to provide carrier-grade reliability with all SFP's, power supplies, frame controllers and the fan module being hot-swappable. There are no active components in the frame itself, a patent-pending feature from Evertz ensuring that the frame and coaxial cabling never need to be removed from the rack for service.
See Evertz list of available optical and coaxial 3405 Series SPF modules.
- High density - up to 32 conversions in 1RU
- Slots are agnostic to signal direction -3405 transmit or receiver SFP types may be installed in any slots
- All active components are hot-swappable
- SFP modules can be hot-swapped without de-cabling coaxial connections
- Accommodates single or dual redundant frame controllers
- Accommodates redundant power supplies
- Comprehensive signal and SFP status monitoring remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK® when frame controller(s) are installed
- Power options include discrete external supplies, or the 3405PS-6 which may be used to power up to six 3405FR units with redundancy
- Optional integrated CWDM module does not require additional rack space and may be used to condense up to 32 signals on to two fiber strands