The 2408LT is an outdoor fiber optic transmitter for RF signals in the satellite L-Band or wider frequency range. It accepts a single RF input on coaxial cable and provides a single output for optical transmission. Packaged in a compact, standalone enclosure, the 2408LT is ideal for mounting on or near the satellite dish antenna structure. The -WP version features dust and water protection allowing outdoor mounting without a secondary enclosure. A full power RF monitor output provides a convenient means of obtaining peak satellite signal strength, or additional signal distribution.
Gain may be adjusted manually or managed automatically via AGC. With SmartMON™, incoming RF signal strength, LNB current, status of connected 2400PSU-8 power supply and other data are relayed over the fiber output for monitoring through SNMP/VistaLINK® (requires SmartMON™ capable companion fiber receiver). The 2408LT also provides a DC pass through mode for LNB power and comprehensive indicators that provide status information on the input DC power and RF drive level as well as LNB power status.
For GPS applications, 2408LTA13-5V-B50 can be used to power-up GPS antenna with 5V supply and transport GPS signals over fiber.
- Directly mount to antenna structure or other outdoor locations
- -WP Weatherproof version - does not require secondary enclosure
- Wide frequency range for extended L-Band, over the air DTV and other signals
- Protocol-independent design - transports all modulation formats
- DC pass-through and 13V DC modes for LNB power
- LNB current limit & short circuit protection
- LNB current monitoring
- Minimizes coaxial cable length for superior CNR performance
- 22kHz tone on/off for LNB local oscillator control
- RF monitor output for signal peaking and signal distribution
- Manually adjustable or AGC gain modes
- Tri-color LED status indicators for Link RF drive strength, LNB voltage and DC input voltage level
- SmartMON™ capability provides remote status monitoring via SNMP without a separate data connection
- Fiber link provides electrical isolation between antenna and facility mitigating ground loop and lightning issues
- GPS antenna systems