Customer Support & System Commissioning Engineer - Network Based Broadcast Solutions
- Technical Support
- Reading, United Kingdom
Networks now form the operational backbone of many Broadcast Video & Audio systems. The traditional point to point architecture is disappearing, being replaced by high speed and high bandwidth Network based solutions.
Evertz is a world leading company in the design of innovative and pioneering broadcast equipment utilising high speed and high bandwidth network architectures, as well as the traditional point-to-point designs.
We are currently recruiting for our Customer Support team at our UK based office in Winnersh Triangle, Reading (RG41 5TP). We are looking for keen and enthusiastic engineers and technicians with a passion for Network design & topology. Prior knowledge of the broadcast industry and the edge devices used is not essential as we will provide comprehensive training of the Evertz product range.
Evertz (www.evertz.com) is a global video & audio technology company who are committed to providing an exceptional level of support to our customers worldwide. The role of a customer support engineer encompasses many aspects including direct technical support of our products for our customer base plus onsite & remote commissioning and product training.
This position is a challenging mix which combines technical know-how, customer service skills and requires at times national and international travel to our customer’s production studios and distribution facilities.
- To respond to and provide technical guidance to our customers regarding operational issues, configuration, firmware upgrades and general maintenance.
- To assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through investigation and/or re-creation to determine the root cause.
- To commission products and systems at customer sites and deliver training to customers in-house or on-site.
- To maintain a communication link between the customer support team and other departments to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer feature requests to the product team.
- To recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner.
- A comprehensive technical understanding of Network topology and design
- Previous experience with Network infrastructure and PC server hardware setup and configuration
- Networking and/or Computer Electronic education would be an advantage
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- A drive for cutting edge technology, both software and hardware
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with problem-solving ability and the ability to react to changing situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Eligible for international travel and with the ability to work alone with little or no supervision
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Career progression. Fast paced environment with opportunity to learn broad range of technical skills
- Casual work environment
- Social events
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers