Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Backend
- Warsaw, Poland
Skills and Experience you will bring:
- 5+ years’ professional experience with Python, and exposure to Java.
- 5+ years’ experience with the design, planning and implementation of APIs using RESTful conventions.
- At least 2 years of exposure to Cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- A good eye for well-structured, modular and maintainable code
- Skills in writing unit tests for your code
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Keen on participating in peer-reviewing code for technical accuracy, ensuring that technical standards are met
- Eagerness to mentor other engineers and help them improve their technical knowledge
Additional skills and experience that will be useful:
- Familiar with microservices architectures and patterns
- Experience creating Serverless applications using event-driven architecture (AWS API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, EventBridge, etc).
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline)
- Knowledge of major architecture styles and design patterns (message oriented, event based, etc.)
- Experience building SaaS products in a multi-tenant environment
- Familiar with integration and contract testing
- Knowledge of networking
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code in the cloud (CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Terraform).
- Interest in working with machine learning to create smart solutions for the broadcast industry.
About the Role
The evertz.io Engineering Team builds next-generation systems for content management and distribution in the Media and Entertainment industry. Disney, NBCUniversal, Discovery, BBC, and many other content producers and publishers use our products and services to make the most of their file-based and live content for the least effort.
We work with high quality video in real-time and non-real-time scenarios across a wide range of cutting-edge tech. Specializations within the group span from low-level video manipulation and analysis, through back-end management and orchestration services, to web delivered UIs. Working in parallel with these teams is the Scientific Computing Group who work in computer vision, data science and machine learning, taking experiments in Jupyter notebooks through to deployment in production. This makes for a challenging and rewarding engineering experience of continual learning and plenty of opportunity to explore different parts of the stack.
Our technology stack includes a Serverless microservice architecture that capitalizes on the full breadth of AWS services with code written in Python, Rust and Java, our UI uses the latest versions of Angular, Typescript and NgRx, our CI/CD pipelines leverage AWS, Jenkins, Nexus, and Bazel in addition to our in-house release-management application to build and release 100's of software components.
We’re looking for talented and passionate developers and architects to join our cloud-based backend development team. We are building a collection of services that will be used by the biggest names in the exciting broadcast and media industry. Our services are hosted in AWS, with a Serverless First mindset. Following event-driven architecture, our stack is mainly Python and Java, with a heavy portion of infrastructure as code. We work closely with our frontend and product teams to build great services that will help our customers achieve their goals.
As part of this role, you will take the lead on the design, architecture and implementation of new core features in our multi-tenant SaaS platform: evertz.io. We offer flexible working hours, great benefits, and the freedom to experiment with new technologies and tools to build better products.
“Work is a thing you do, not a place you go”
We work in agile, low-bureaucracy, high-creativity, cross-functional teams spread across the world. It’s a highly creative work environment where we support your growth with opportunities for career progression, mentoring others and third-party education. The team is built on trust and is relaxed, open and welcoming to all, and there’s fun to be had with regular social events and sports teams.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Assist in team projects and be involved in all steps of the lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, and production.
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Apply Now Back to Careers