FPGA Design Engineer (Burlington)
- Burlington, ON, Canada
Evertz is looking for an FPGA Design Engineer to join our team and contribute to the development of high-bandwidth, high-density signal processing products. You will be developing designs on the latest generations of FPGAs, working side-by-side with our talented Hardware and Software Engineers. You will be working with high-bandwidth interfaces like 100Gigabit Ethernet and PCIe, and will develop high-quality, optimized FPGA designs. Join us as we create the future.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is highly disciplined and is focused on meeting deadlines.
- Takes pride in his/her work but also welcomes constructive criticism.
- Thrives in an environment of interaction, feedback and guidance.
- Leaves his/her ego at the door.
- Has a burning desire to learn and contribute to something big.
- Experience with FPGA designs in VHDL or Verilog (VHDL preferred).
- An understanding of Static Timing Analysis and Timing Closure techniques.
- Experience with C or C++.
- Excellent revision control habits, and experience with Git or Subversion.
Good to have:
- Experience writing test benches and simulating digital designs.
- Experience with in-system debugging of FPGAs.
- Knowledge of clock domain crossing techniques.
- Experience with video or audio signal processing.
- Knowledge of protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, AXI4, Avalon, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Experience with Python, Tcl, bash or other scripting languages.
- Experience with Linux.
What we offer:
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Employee Assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career progression
- Casual work environment
- Social events and sports teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 2,000 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers