Senior Security Analyst/Engineer
- Burlington, ON, Canada
About the Role
The evertz.io Engineering Team builds next-generation systems for content management and distribution in the Media and Entertainment industry. Disney, NBCUniversal, Discovery, BBC, and many other content producers and publishers use our products and services to make the most of their file-based and live content for the least effort.
We work with high quality video in real-time and non-real-time scenarios across a wide range of cutting-edge tech. Specializations within the group span from low-level video manipulation and analysis, through back-end management and orchestration services, to web delivered UIs. Working in parallel with these teams is the Scientific Computing Group who work in computer vision, data science and machine learning, taking experiments in Jupyter notebooks through to deployment in production. This makes for a challenging and rewarding engineering experience of continual learning and plenty of opportunity to explore different parts of the stack.
Our technology stack includes a Serverless microservice architecture that capitalizes on the full breadth of AWS services with code written in Python, Rust and Java, our UI uses the latest versions of Angular, Typescript and NgRx, our CI/CD pipelines leverage AWS, Jenkins, Nexus, and Bazel in addition to our in-house release-management application to build and release 100's of software components.
“Work is a thing you do, not a place you go”
We work in agile, low-bureaucracy, high-creativity, cross-functional teams spread across the world. It’s a highly creative work environment where we support your growth with opportunities for career progression, mentoring others and third-party education. The team is built on trust and is relaxed, open and welcoming to all, and there’s fun to be had with regular social events and sports teams.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Primarily focused on Application security but working with the wider corporate security team to align on process
- From a SaaS application perspective, own Risk Assessment, Patch Management, Vulnerability Management, Change Management, Access Control Management and Incident Response process
- Work with the Platform group and SaaS development teams, while focusing specifically on security
- Create, review and maintain the security posture and processes of our SaaS applications and systems
- Work with development teams to improve existing applications and code to enhance security and meet compliance needs like SOC2, ISO27001
- Create standards and build up systems for security processes like code vulnerability scanning
- Manage and work with third party contract firms for auditing and pen-testing
- Hands-on implementation of security architecture in AWS alongside our platform and development engineers
- Define and implement secure coding tests within the CI/CD pipelines
- Work with the development teams on secure coding practices, SAST, DAST
This role allows you to work with “Full Flexibility” - for any work where being physically close to fixed equipment is not a requirement, you have the option to work remotely.
Remote working is not the same as working from home, WFH is just one very common option. You can work from wherever gets the creative juices flowing: coffee shops, co-working places, the park, a different country even! Anywhere with Internet access.
Of course, working from an office is an option too especially if you’re craving some ad hoc in-person interaction! Evertz has offices in Canada, England, Scotland, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Virginia, California, Arizona, Ohio, Hungary, Belgium, Poland and Australia. Many have great spaces for meet-ups as well as permanent or floating desk space.
This role allows you to work asynchronously meaning you can contribute at the times when you do your best work. Some people are early-birds, some are night-owls, maybe Saturday is better than Wednesday? Whilst some overlap for core meetings is needed, you don’t have to do your deep work between 9 and 5.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary with annual performance-based bonus and stock option schemes. A pension plan; an employer funded health and medical plan; life insurance plan; long term disability coverage; paid time off; an employee assistance program; and a discount platform. The availability and specifics of these benefits vary by location, details of which will be provided during the hiring process.
Apply Now Back to Careers