As a member of the R & D team, your projects will include the design and development of precision mechanical devices for film transport high frequency digital and analog electronic subassembly enclosures that will be used in leading television broadcast and film production facilities around the world.
You will be exposed to all aspects of the development process on a variety of fresh and challenging projects, and carry through of the designs to production.
- Research, plan and design electro-mechanical enclosures using a 3D Parametric Solid Modeling CAD packages such as Solid Edge
- Interact and communicate with engineers to gather all necessary information to develop a final design
- Meet with suppliers to discuss project requirements
- Design fixtures, test jigs, tool and gauges as required, manage, control and document design changes
- Coordinate prototype and production sample builds
- Support of product definition, concept generation, creating part drawings, investigating new packaging technologies, cost estimating, interfacing with suppliers, qualifying parts and assembly along with part and drawing release
- Assist production personnel to interpret drawings and solve manufacturing problems
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities within the Engineering department as required
- Successful candidate must have a College or University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of GD&T techniques
- Be results oriented, self-motivated, and a team player
- Skilled in the use of 3D software as Solid Edge and AutoCAD
- Familiar with sheet metal products, machined parts extrusions, welding and wiring techniques and BOM generation
- Experience in Electro-Mechanical packaging techniques (mounting of printed circuit boards, cabling, connectors, switches, etc) would be an asset
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!