Join a passionate and diverse team of developers in creating the next generation of clustered media content management systems, with the opportunity to work alongside some of the biggest content distribution providers and broadcasters in the world.
Based in recently built offices at “Arrive”, in the centre of Media City UK, Salford, you will join a small Agile Scrum team. Working primarily with Java on various product feature areas, you will also assist with maintenance and development of the transactional database layer of our software stack.
What you will bring to the team:
- Good enterprise Java 8+ skills at the design, implementation and testing stages of development (server side, Spring, Junit)
- Great communication skills and a collaborative attitude. You will work closely with your team members, but also meeting via collaboration tools with other QA/projects team distributed around the world.
- Awareness of Agile development practices – (Scrum, Git/revision control, Continuous Integration)
- A passion for software development and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with SQL
- Experience of Linux
- Web Service integration / distributed systems knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A relevant degree or other appropriate education
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Technology we use, advantageous but not required:
- Scripting Python / BASH
- Atlassian Suite (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Amazon Web Service platform, in particular S3 / EC2 / Aurora
- Build and dependency management with Apache Ant and Ivy
- Experience of Media Asset management/Playout automation or Digital Video/Audio
Location: Manchester, UK
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Fax - 0118 9216802