The new Studer Vista V console harnesses Quad Star technology from the acclaimed Vista X to deliver a powerful, dependable and flexible broadcast audio mixing solution in a compact form factor. Studer's Vistonics™ interface and FaderGlow™ create a uniquely intuitive and stress-free operator experience, while the Infinity Core provides unprecedented levels of CPU-based processing power, handling the largest productions with ease.
- 32-, 42- or 52-fader console with optional built-in meter bridge.
- Harnesses Vista X Quad Star technology in a more compact form factor, for no single point of failure redundancy.
- Fully surround-capable with versatile panning and monitoring functionality.
- Sophisticated built-in Dynamic Automation system with DAW remote control.
- High-quality motorised faders.
- VistaMix - Studer's acclaimed automated microphone mixing algorithm, based on gain sharing. Runs directly on the Infinity Core with no external hardware required.
- Infinity Core with 12 high-capacity A-Link ports (1536 channels/port) for D23m I/O integration or direct connection into routing systems including Riedel, Evertz, Artel, etc.
- Easy integration into popular AoIP broadcast networks including Dante, Livewire, AES67, etc.
- BSS DPR-901 Dynamic EQ Plug-In, assignable to any channel as desired and running directly on the Infinity Core.
- Up to 6 Lexicon PCM96 Surround high quality reverb processors can be connected with their parameters stored in the mixer's snap shots and accessible directly from the Vistonics Interface.
- Ember and Pro-Bel protocol support for use with broadcast/newsroom automation systems.
Unprecedented CPU-based processing power
Big productions demand a lot of processing muscle. The new Studer Infinity Core delivers an unprecedented 1,000+ audio channels with superb sonic quality, and more than 5000 inputs and outputs.
And the use of CPU-based processors suggests exciting possibilities for scaling up to even larger channel counts, and for running third party algorithms.
Aviation-standard system redundancy
A first in broadcast sound mixing
The new Vista V with Quad Star technology uses four processors to achieve aviation-standard levels of redundancy in the control surface while CPU-based DSP makes it viable to provide two completely independent DSP cores running in parallel with 'instant' change over.
Overcoming the potential single points of failure evident in conventional TDM-based systems assures total peace of mind, and also offers the possibility of two complete Vista V surfaces working on the same project at the same time, enabling very large, dual language or multi-format productions to be undertaken with ease.
A revolutionary approach to stress-free mixing
Vista mixing engineers are freed from the burden of complex mental mapping necessitated by the process of digital audio mixing using a central screen. Studer's revolutionary Vistonics™ interface builds Vista V's rotary controls and buttons directly into the flat screen displays which provide visual feedback. Each audio function is always associated with the same colour - red for EQ and filters, green for dynamics, and so on.
Another Studer innovation, FaderGlow™, combines with assignable channel naming to further reduce stress by illuminating each fader in the colour relating to the relevant function, creating an instant overview of console status. SpillZone allows the user to line-up member channels contributing to a Group-Channel on just one button press, with FaderGlow clearly displaying their affiliation. SpillZone is definable dynamically and in runtime.
A better view means a better mix. The Vista V control surface displays everything you need to see in a format you can readily comprehend. There's a large scale bargraph meter for every channel from mono to surround, plus a history display of the last 50 seconds of audio to capture those annoying clicks and overloads so hard to find in a multi-mic live show. Vista V also includes a sophisticated, built-in high class Loudness meter.
Automated microphone mixing for unscripted panel shows
Essential for live, multi-mic, unscripted events such as talk shows and game shows, VistaMix™ automatically mimics the actions of a highly skilled human operator, increasing gain for 'talking' mics and reducing gain for all others at lightning speed to create a clean live mix without spill or ambience.
Upgrading the mixer shouldn't mean changing the workflow
Studer's AutoTouch Plus Dynamic Automation System allows the most complex automation tasks to be carried out within a clear and logical workflow while EMBER support provides seamless integration with broadcast and newsroom automation systems.
Vista V exists for pain free live production, with dedicated controls for extensive snapshot filtering, buttons for talkback and user-programmable functions, configurable matrix busses, dedicated mute groups and stress free outside source management. Vista V interfaces with all major DAW systems. Many DAW functions can be directly controlled on the console, where innovative operating concepts such as StripSetup and Ganging bring DAW integration to a new level and greatly enhance the production workflow.