The RF Probe is a real-time RF and TS monitoring system that is able to monitor multiple RF sources simultaneously. Each RF Probe is 1RU rack-based unit and comes in three different flavours: 8x, 16x or 32x RF inputs.
The compact monitoring system offers features such as integrated spectrum analyzer, transport stream analyzer, channel cycling and more. The monitoring system interface operates via web-based GUI which allows the user to monitor signals remotely.
The user may configure thresholds and notifications based on critical RF parameters such as RF power level to ensure signal continuity.
The RF Probe is able to tune and demodulate all types of signal, including satellite DVBS/S2/S2x, ATSC, DVBT/T2, ISDBT, QAM and DVBC/C2 signals.
- Configuration • Each RF input is individually configurable to perform 24/7 static monitoring for high importance channels/transponders or dynamic cycling to monitor multiple channels/transponders within a single RF feed. Up to 12x channels per input may be cycled for a total of 384x channels/transponders for the 32-input configuration.
- Scalability • The monitoring system is able to monitor RF sources at one localized location, as well as monitor sites across a wide geographical area within the same network; achievable by simply installing the RF Probe at each location, sending the information to a centralized graphical interface.
- Web GUI • The RF Probe provides an intuitive web-based GUI, facilitating rapid deployment and easy configuration. The user has the ability to export data and integrate with third-party NMS using standard protocols. The RF Probe provides a 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-TX Ethernet port. This provides a single point of access to communicate with multiple RF Probe units located across the globe.
- Monitoring • Customizable alarms and notifications are available through standalone web GUI and Evertz' own VistaLINK® PRO NMS software. User is able to log, store, plot, and report critical parameters. In addition to critical RF parameters, constellation diagram is another level of visual indication and monitoring the health and quality of RF signals coming into facility.
- Spectrum Analyzer • The RF Probe offers an optional built-in remote spectrum analyzer with carrier monitoring. Any source can be routed to the spectrum analyzer for further monitoring, controllable using web GUI interface. Evertz' spectrum analyzer is well-suited to measure any type of satellite, cable or terrestrial wireless carrier, including very small carriers, beacon signals and for carrier monitoring applications. Requires +SA-HW hardware option.
- Transport Stream Analyzer • The RF Probe offers an optional integrated transport stream analyzer for full TR101, P1, P2 and P3 errors and analysis. Evertz' transport stream analyzer is software capable up to 32x transport streams for the 32x RF input system. Requires +PROCM hardware option and applicable transport stream software application and licenses.
- Historical Data Analytics • Optional integrated historical data logger for long term data analytic and pattern recognition for historical data and reporting. Software is capable up to 12x streams per input for a total of 384x channels/transponders for the 32x RF input system. The unit can log up to 2 hours of critical parameters such as EsNo, BER, MER, RF power, etc. and present it in JSON table. This table can be accessed through web GUI of each individual module. The module will also provide access to JSON table to the logged data when requested via HTTP JSON RPC 2.0 GET via WEB API of the frame controller over Internet. JSON logs has to be requested by a software for own collection. Requires +PROCM hardware option and applicable inSITE software application and licenses.