An accountable QA systems engineer responsible for high quality manual and automated testing. You will help schedule, plan and forecast the QA team testing efforts, including liaising with developers and other departments, to ensure a continuous increase in test coverage.
Main Job Purpose:
- Maintain the QA test suite
- Write and execute automated tests
- Write and execute manual tests
- Work with Development to increase manual and automated test coverage across the suite
- QA software releases at the end of the development cycle
- Prepare and monitor the QA test suite
- QA test releases from development to meet customer standards and specifications
- Interact with development to test bug fixes
- Perform overall quality control of QA work (Peer reviews).
- Work with test automation engineers to build our automation suite
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project managers
- Write reports and bug tickets to a high standard
- Work with QA team members based in the UK, India and Canada
- Proven test automation
- Manual test cases creation
- Advanced Excel (VBA is an advantage)
- java, HTML, Knowledge
- Proven working experience as a QA engineer
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Advanced MS Office skills (Especially Excel, writing formulae to collate results)
- Familiarity with Software testing Processes (ISTQB Foundation, or equivalent experience)
- Ability to work with Windows and OS X Operating Systems (Not essential)
- Coding Background preferable
- Decision making ability
- Willingness to learn a huge system with Hardware and software interactions
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!