The 7890VB-8-IP is part of the Evertz family of gateway products, which unlock the potential of IP networks for video transport. The proliferation of carrier grade IP networks and their associated capacity, flexibility and cost make them an attractive solution for modern video transport networks. Evertz gateway products facilitate the bridge between video and IP worlds, providing the extensive capability, control & monitoring, resilience and low latency demanded by video content creators and transport service providers.
The 7890VB-8-IP provides eight ports which may be user-configured as inputs or outputs to auto-sense and transport ASI, SDI and SDTi signals over a Gigabit Ethernet trunk. Forward Error Correction (FEC) may be added to combat packet loss for continuity of video service. The 7890VB-8-IP also facilitates connection to redundant IP trunks and provides automatic, hitless switching between a pair of IP links. In the event of failure of one link, continuity of service remains uninterrupted.
- Can add Forward Error Correction to mitigate packet loss
- Facilitates redundant Ethernet Links and hitless switching for maximum resilience on critical signals
- Eight flexible ports which may be user-configured as inputs or outputs
- Auto-sensing of ASI, SDI, or SDTi standards
- RJ45 and SFP Gig Ethernet trunk ports allow the use of copper and/or optical connections
- SMPTE2022 FEC and encapsulation of ASI signals, allowing interoperation with other SMPTE2022-compliant encapsulation products (ASI only)
- Low jitter performance
- Fully hot-swappable from the front of the frame without de-cabling
- Comprehensive signal and card status monitoring via four digit card edge display or remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK®
- VistaLINK® capability is available when modules are used with the 7700FC and 3700FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame