The 7702BPX-IF and 7703BPXA-IF 2x1 RF protection switches for IF frequencies provide automatic changeover functionality to provide bypass protection for RF signals from 10MHz to 850MHz. Typical applications include main/standby failover protection for 70/140MHz uplink applications.
The 7703BPXA-IF has integrated VistaLINK® technology for remote control and monitoring capability via SNMP. This provides the user with the ability to locally or remotely configure and monitor parameters such as module status, selected input, power level and switching threshold.
When used for automatic changeover, the 7702BPX-IF and 7703BPXA-IF have a MAIN input and a STANDBY input. It will automatically switch to the Standby input when the Main input power is weak or lost. Switch back to the Main input when the signal is re-established may be configured to happen automatically or manually. The 7702/7703BPXA-IF may also be configured to operate manually as a 2:1 switch, which may be controlled locally or remotely via GPI or SNMP (7703 model only).
The 7702BPX-IF and 7703BPXA-IF occupy one card slot and can be housed in the 1RU 7801FR frame which holds up to four single or two dual slot modules, the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity, or a standalone enclosure which holds a single module.
- Intelligent auto switching with input power detection
- User definable threshold levels on 7703BPXA-IF version
- Maintains switch state and RF channel on loss of power to card or frame
- Supports automatic or manual control via GPI or SNMP on 7703BPXA-IF
- Switch state indication via GPO
- Card edge LEDs indicate active input channels, output channel and power levels below threshold
- Fully hot swappable from front of frame
- Wide operating frequency range, 10MHz to 850MHz
- Comprehensive signal and card status monitoring via four digit card edge display or remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK® capability on 7703BPXA-IF version