Product Verification Engineer – AV Systems
Opportunity:We are expanding our Product Verification team and looking for experienced, energetic and passionate engineers eager to take on new challenges and help grow our professional AV team. The successful candidate can operate from either our Markham or Burlington R&D office.
- Functional testing of individual products within the professional AV portfolio
- Interoperability testing of AV products within own eco-system and with defined 3rd party devices
- Solution testing and verification of network designs and topologies for select deployments
- Creation of test cases and evolution of test suites with a focus on automation
- Interface and collaborate with development teams to assure comprehensive test coverage, understand of design intent and help champion ongoing product improvement
- Creation and resolution tracking of defects using in-house tools
- Assist support and product commissioning teams as needed
- Degree in Computer, Electrical or Systems Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a test or validation capacity
- A clear and concise communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to read technical drawings such as IP and AV network designs and hardware schematics
- Demonstrated experience in data communication networks and associated protocols and technologies such as TCP, UDP, Multicasting, QoS, RTP, TLS, SNMP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 and 3 switching, firewalls, NATs and basic network security principles
- Proficient with network tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Colasoft tool suite and equivalent
- Proficient with Linux and high level programming or scripting languages such as Python
- Basic hardware design experience is an asset
- Proven time management skills
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!