The Software Development Engineer is responsible for automating systems within the Evertz test and product infrastructure. Your initial project will be collaborating on the development of a test automation framework for a software-based broadcast video/audio/multimedia product, supporting automated test cases. You will be a key software developer on the test framework, and will directly contribute to the success of the product QA team goals for improving product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
Be on the forefront of the latest cutting edge technologies in the broadcast space, by testing a product and core components used in traditional broadcast and broadcast SDN systems. Take pride in knowing that you have a pivotal role in advancing these technical fields and ensuring that customer expectations for quality are always met or exceeded.
Main Job Purpose:
- Advance and enhance product automation through the development of automated frameworks.
- Integrate the automated test framework with existing tracking and reporting tools
- Collaborate with other teams on furthering automated systems throughout the organization as required
- Collaborate with development teams on product improvement
- Provide support for test case creation and test run tracking, and author automated test cases
- Work with subject matter experts within the company to increase subject knowledge and product expertise
- Contribute to the product automation test framework, and successful execution of automated product test runs
- Develop knowledge of the product under test
- Build knowledge of broadcast standards and other industry knowledge
- Maintain understanding of customer needs and requirements of the product by working with subject matter experts within the team and in other departments
- Ensure all work contributes to a high quality software and overall contributing to team objectives and initiatives
- Author new specifications or test cases and enhance existing documentation if necessary
- Write issue reports to a high standard if necessary
- Work with team members based in Canada, India and the UK as necessary
- 3-5+ years in a software development environment
- Previous experience with developing an automated test framework is desired
- Solid knowledge of Python and Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Experience with Git (preferred) or other version control software
- Experience with TestRail (preferred) or another test case management tool is nice-to-have
- Experience with Jenkins (preferred) or other CI tools is nice to have
- Post secondary education in computer science, software, engineering or equivalent experience
- Some knowledge of video/multimedia or broadcast standards could be beneficial, which could include professional, study or personal experience in one or more of: Knowledge of broadcast/multimedia standards (e.g. various SMPTE, SCTE, DVB standards); Software development using ffmpeg or demonstrated understanding of concepts; Experience editing video/multimedia
- Some experience with supporting software development for video or networking products; familiarity with software defined IT (e.g. routing) is desired
- Software design and development experience
- Willingness and ability to learn about a complex hardware-software product
- Ability to develop knowledge of broadcast video/audio
- Displays strong initiative and drive to complete tasks at hand
- MS Windows command shell and PowerShell (nice to have)
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with software testing processes
- Time management and organisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!