The Safety & Compliance Engineer will play a key role supporting the Engineering team by independently managing product compliance with national and international certification activity for safety, EMC and EMI standards which apply to audio/video, information and communication technology equipment. This involves performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian, and other International product standards, writing reports, and working with outside testing labs.
- Determine applicability of national and international standards for Evertz products
- Work with hardware design teams to review for electrical and product safety and compliance considerations
- Identify requisite equipment necessary for product test and certification activity
- Independently conduct evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standards
- Configure Equipment-Under-Test and test setups
- Resolve complex non-compliant issues by the most efficient and cost effective methods. Ensured findings, risks and recommendations are clearly communicated to the various cross-functional teams
- Schedule and work at 3rd party test labs for compliance certification within product release schedules
- Maintain internal certification documents and update certification records for renewals
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience conducting EMC/EMI product testing and trouble shooting
- A working knowledge of prevalent FCC, IEC, CISPR standards
- Understands Product Safety per core standards UL/IEC/EN60950 and IEC62368
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- 2-4 years directly related experience
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!