Join a passionate and diverse team of developers in creating the next generation of clustered media content management systems, with the opportunity to work alongside some of the biggest content distribution providers and broadcasters in the world.
- Design, implementation, and deployment of secure, highly available, and scalable backend services
- Contribute towards the design and development of end-to-end testing frameworks, assuring the quality standards of production services
- Actively follow industry developments, trends, and best practices
- Optimise existing services with a mind to improve operational performance, reliability, and supportability
- Advise and assist internal product teams in the adoption of best practices for cloud deployment
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of local serverless development environments
Skills & Competencies:
- An active interest in new and upcoming software engineering technologies and practices
- Ability to explain technical ideas and concepts
- Familiarity with AWS' best practices for development within an AWS based serverless environment
- Experience in developing highly available, scalable, and resilient systems
- In-depth understanding of cloud technologies, in particular AWS Services and tools (Cloud Formation, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, EC2, S3, AWS CLI, Boto3 etc.)
- Experience working with and building RESTful APIs
- Use of the Git version control system
- Understanding of fundamental databases concepts for both relational and 'NoSQL' type persistence stores
- Familiarity with the use and configuration of CI & CD pipelines such as Jenkins & AWS CodePipeline
- Extensive experience with Python & Cloud Formation
- Ability to manage your own time and priorities in pursuit of the teams objectives
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity
Opportunities for AWS training and Certification.
Location: Reading, England
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!